Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm watching you

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danschawbel/2011/02/21/5-reasons-why-your-online-presence-will-replace-your-resume-in-10-years/

Over the past decade Information Techonlogy has excelled. We went from running a simple querry on a computer the size of a room to microchips the size of an ink pen point. People went to businesses seeking employment just 2 years ago. Today, most of the job search is done on the internet. I can find, apply and setup interviews all from the confort of my La-z-Boy. Ahhhhhh!!!

Now, today, it seems that the employer is growing closer to finding us for that potential interview. They are taking the hunt out of the search and coming knocking on the cyber door. Terrific!!! Now I can just sit back and wait for my next interview to call.

Personally, I would prefer the peer-to-peer contact of the job search. Gives me some real "face" time. Let's me see who I am working for and gives me a feel for the type of company they are. Technology is great but some things should be left for the greater good of human interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment